In common with other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
Remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website,
make our website work as efficiently as possible, facilitate transactions and administer services to you and to our partners.
PODBizFinder.com may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. When it does, PODBizFinder.com will also revise the “last update” date at the top of this Cookies Policy. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of the PODBizFinder.com website after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but in order to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Additionally, there are various types of cookies that are in use and common with other commercial websites that are listed below.
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our website and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make when you use our website, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our website which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our website.
ANALYTICS AND PERFORMANCE COOKIES
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website and how users use our website. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website, the pages they visited on our website, what time of day they visited our website, whether they have visited our website before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our website.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our website works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our website by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
TARGETED AND ADVERTISING COOKIES
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see adverts but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored adverts from companies that are not listed.
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Most of the cookies we use are ours, however, on occasion, we will issue a cookie by a third party to help us operate the site -- these are sometimes known as “web beacons” or “clear gifts”. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don't have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve our website experience).
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but information that we store about the user may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use the information we obtain from people’s use of our website through cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To administer the website.
- To report click-through data to our advertisers.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Internet Options," "Privacy," and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Options," and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood" and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies.”
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content or use search functions, for example.
Further, if you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our website.
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers:
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools," "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood," and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the "Privacy" tab and selecting "Remove All Website Data."
- Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Web Beacons (also known as "clear gifs," "Web bugs" or "pixel tags") —"Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
- Demographic Information — "Demographic Information" may be your gender, age, ZIP code or geolocation data, and/or interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs.
We welcome your comments or questions about the Cookies Use Policy. You may contact us at: email@example.com